OmniTurn CNC Lathes Made in Oregon!
(541) 332-7004 • (541) 332-1018 fax sales@OmniTurn.com
Fast... Precise... Affordable...
Hard Drive Setup Disk for "G3" CNC's (pre-2009)
The OmniTurn Factory Setup Disk (V3.3.6) allows installation of standard spindle drive or Baumuller C-Axis spindle drive software onto the older "G2" and "G3" OmniTurn CNCs only. Not for Indramat or Yaskawa C-Axis CNC or latest "G4" CNC: Go back to Software Downloads page and re-select.
To make setup disk for OmniTurn CNC hard drive:Version 3.3.6
- Download HDSU336.EXE to your desk-top computer (must have floppy drive capability).
- Open hdsu336.exe
(double-click on it, or right-click on it then click OPEN): A dialog box will open, explaining that OmniTurn Hard Drive Setup Disk will be created; click OK
- A second box will appear,
reminding you to insert floppy in drive A:
- Put a floppy disk into drive A: then click OK to create Hard Drive Setup Disk OmniTurn CNC.
Put this setup disk in your OmniTurn and power up.
(NOTE: OmniTurn CMOS boot-sequence must be set to A:C:)
It is a boot-disk; it will format the hard drive and create the directory structure, then install all necessary files.
After installation, a menu of choices will appear on your OmniTurn CNC screen. The menu is illustrated below.
To setup your new hard drive (see menu below)
- Select #4 if you have an inverter drive on attachment (a retrofit on Hardinge®-type lathe)
(NOTE: Select #5 if your lathe has collet closer lubrication)
Select #6 if you have an inverter drive on GT-75 or GT-Jr
Select #8 if you have Baumuller C-Axis drive
- After selecting appropriate setup for your OmniTurn, the control will reboot and display the OmniTurn CNC "splash" screen.