OmniTurn CNC Lathes Made in Oregon
The World's Most Cost-Effective Turning Machines
Additional Input / Output (I/O)
Provides a simple, yet versatile, interface between the OmniTurn CNC and robotic or other forms of automation.
The basic interface has the following features:
*NC contacts can be provided
- Two NO* relay contacts controlled by M21/M22 and M27/M28.
- Two delay until condition met (grounded or not grounded) inputs checked by M91 or
M92 and M93 or M94
- One jump to subroutine #1 input checked by M95 (grounded = jump subroutine)
- Clamp collet (hold at ground for ½ sec)
- Unclamp collet (hold at ground for ½ sec)
- Door open on lathe
- If either lathe or loader faults, fault other.
- Two spare pins for optional sensor.
We will custom configure the Additional I/O interface to meet your specific needs, usually at no extra cost. The standard interface as illustrated here leaves m17 and m21 m-functions free to control NSK electric live-tool option. Normally Closed (NC) relay contacts can replace the NO contacts, or a mix of NO and NC contacts can be provided. Open collector outputs are available instead of one or both relay contacts, but these are limited to 12VDC operation. A parallel connector for the OmniTurn ZipLoader automatic bar and part loader can also be provided, so you can easily switch over from your custom automation to our ZipLoader. Contact us to discuss your specific requirements.